1. This fall we are offering Basic Christian Theology, a 3 hour upper-level course. This class is offered through our accreditation from Asbury as TH 250, and will transfer into UK as GEED 250. This is a general credit, and it counts toward your graduation hour requirements for 200+ level courses.
2. This class is approved by the UK/BCTC Registrar’s office for transfer credit! We guarantee this, or else you will receive a 100% refund.
3. UK and BCTC have already approved transfer credits through Asbury, but you should decide if it fits into your schedule or is helpful toward getting your degree. So you should talk about it with your university academic advisor. Again, this course is guaranteed to transfer in by the Registrar’s office, so the advisor should not say it won’t count for you.
4. Make sure when you sign up for your other classes that you understand this class does not count towards your status as a UK/BCTC student. You would still need to take 12 credit hours of UK or BCTC coursework to retain full-time status. We recommend taking 12 hours of credit at UK/BCTC, and supplementing that with this course through Lewis House so you have a total load of 15 credit hours.
5. Once you have decided the course would work for you, apply for a spot in our class. You can do that here. It takes less than 5 minutes and requires no outside documentation. Applications are due by May 1st, and we only have a limited number of spots, so get started now!
6. Set up a meeting with a Lewis House staff member and advisor. We’ll help you quickly fill out the paperwork that Asbury, our accrediting university, will need to get you your credit! It’s easy and should only take a few minutes. You’ll pay a small deposit on your tuition then (that counts toward the total).
7. Before the beginning of the semester, you’ll pay the remaining balance for the class, then you’re all set!
If you have more questions or concerns, don’t worry! Email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.